I Run For Life

About Me

My photo
Louisiana, United States
I'm Just a small town girl who's always deep in thought.

The Jake Owen Raborn Foundation

These Are My Stories

Little Maggie

Monday, March 3, 2008

Passages... Doorways? Or Pages of my Life?

I finally bought a car this weekend. A Lovely "Fire Engine" red Pontiac G6. As I settled into the thought of finally having made such a purchase on my own, I decided to return to my Hometown for the weekend and remember where I came from.
I spent time with my family and enjoyed my new car for most of Saturday...I visited with old friends from Highschool and hugged and kissed on their children like a doting aunt should. Satuday night, I spent the night at my Aunts house...watching TV, hanging out, remembering every tiny detail of my childhood.
At about 1:30am, I found myself sitting outside staring at the stars, lost somewhere in my own head. I wished on every shooting star I saw that night and I cant explain it, but something happened. Somewhere, on one of those stars, I found myself. It was like suddenly I opened my eyes and I was an adult.
Someone told me today that there are passages we sometimes walk through in life, these "doorways" always lead us to something, its just up to us to follow them to where they take us.
With me being the one to always question things...I have to ask. Was Sunday Morning a Passage I walked through, or just another page in my life?

1 comment:

Zhohn said...

I really did enjoy your visit last night. I don't think I have laughed like that in MONTHS!
And I believe that realizing you are now an adult, with more responsibilities was a passage. I rather look at it as a new chapter in your life. But this is my opinion, either way you're moving forward.
And remember God will not close one door without opening another. We must remember to Fully Rely On God, through the good and the bad.

Congratulations on your new car, you deserve it! ENJOY!