I Run For Life

About Me

My photo
Louisiana, United States
I'm Just a small town girl who's always deep in thought.

The Jake Owen Raborn Foundation

These Are My Stories

Little Maggie

Friday, May 2, 2008

Laughter Through Tears

Hello friends and fellow bloggers,
Today is Friday, May 2nd and I find myself once again at Dianne's house. I have no idea what it is about Dianne that makes me feel so comforted, so loved, and so happy, but I guess I shouldnt question that. She reminds me so much of my grandmother who passed away in 2000. The same body, the same hair, the same way she smokes her cigarettes, and the same use of the "F" word when she gets mad. It tickles me to know I can spend so much time with someone so close to what my own grandmother was. Matter of factly, she even lets me call her maw maw.
Right now the circumstances of my visit are sad, but we are making the best of it. We stayed up until WAY after midnight last night just talking and laughing...sometimes shedding a few tears. We pulled out the sofa bed and just sat there talking about everything. We talked about her husband Jimmy and his passing, we talked about raising children...we even talked about sex. It was just she and I...alone in the dark....being women....more importantly...being friends. At the age of 28 I have no clue how in the hell a 65 year old woman became my best friend...but I thank God for sending her to me.
She told me last night that if Brian (her son) and I had not been there Tuesday night, she doesn't know what she would have done. I feel special that she chooses to share her grief with me. You can't just cry your eyes out in front of any old person... you share that with people you love and trust. I am happy that Dianne trusts me enough to share that.
Thats all for now, Dianne and I are going to smoke a pack of cigarettes, finish up a pot of coffee, then watch a good chick movie. Stay in touch ya'll!


Believeing,

Casey

1 comment:

Zhohn said...

Awww. Sounds like you're having a good time. You can make anytime a fun time!
Call me tomorrow. :)
You like my new blog header??? I'm getting creative :)
Love ya,
Zhohn
Oh, and that grandmother you mentioned, wouldn't like you sharing that she used the "f" word! ha ha!
Does Dianne let her granddaughter carry her cigs in a denim purse??? roflol....old times, good times!